U11, formally known as Novice, is for boys and girls aged 9 and 10 years born in 2013 and 2014.
- Regular box lacrosse rules apply
- Playing with 30 second shot clock
- U11 is a non-tiered division. However, players are required to attend evaluations at the beginning of the season so that experienced and less experienced players are evenly distributed between teams.
- Players interested in playing goaltender start to commit to the position at this level, but it is not required.
- All teams play a 10 game regular season within the CDLA (Calgary and District Lacrosse Association) and are guaranteed 2 playoff games.
- Playoffs are held to determine City Champions, and are held after the regular season schedule.
- 5 players and a goalie on the floor at a time.
- Play on full floor.
- 4x4 nets
- Warm-up: 5 minutes
- Game time: 3 - 12 minute run periods
- Face-off: Yes
- Shifts: Line changes are "on the fly," with equal participation
- Contact: Full contact
- Penalties: CLA rules apply
- Officials: Yes
- Score: +5 goals not displayed on scoreboard